Thank you for visiting our table!
ASI has Biofouling Field Technician positions available Spring 2023 and Co-op Positions are available May to December 2023.
Download our brochure for more details about the work we do!
ASI provides great opportunities in a unique field for students in the following programs:
- Chemical Production and Power Engineering Technology
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering Technician
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering Technology
- Environmental Technician
Biofouling Field Technicians
ASI Group Ltd. will be searching for Field Technicians (multiple positions available) for the Biofouling Services Group to support the busy season ahead (May-December 2023). Special arrangements may be possible for those graduating in spring 2023. Fixed-term contract position may lead to a permanent position with benefits.
Job Type / Category
The ideal candidate is someone who can adapt to a working schedule that is geared to client satisfaction. We need team members that can produce thorough and detailed results even when the demands are high. All new hires will participate in an extensive training program to ensure a safe work environment. This job will involve frequent out of town travel throughout Ontario for several days at a time with the possibility of occasional work in the United States. Meals and accommodations are provided.
Field Technicians will:
- Represent the company projecting a professional image
- Provide regular communication with Supervisor or Project Manager on assigned projects
- Follow all safety legislation and site safety standards
- Load, secure and safely transport equipment
- Collect samples, analyze and report results within a deadline
- Receive, transfer and transport chemicals (certified under TDG)
- Perform basic equipment adjustments, repairs, conduct routine monitoring, maintenance and fabrication
- Operate tools and machinery
- Troubleshoot processes and equipment
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- College diploma or certificate from a relevant program such as Instrumentation and Control; Environmental Technician; Biology or Water and Wastewater Operations
- Minimum of one year of related work experience
- Familiarity with working in industrial and/or laboratory settings
- Capable of performing mathematical calculations and understanding data to modify instrumentation panels accordingly
- Able to perform duties independently and work closely with other team members for long periods of time
- Ability to set priorities and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is critical along with the ability to record accurate readings
- Aptitude for learning new skills quickly and implementing them in different environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills and decision-making abilities
- Able to make accurate readings and report findings in a professional manner
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (Class G minimum); successful applicants will be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract from the MTO
- Must hold a valid passport or equivalent
- Mechanical and electrical experience is an asset
- Operator in Training (OIT) qualified (Drinking Water or Wastewater) considered an asset
- Current Ontario Power Generation and/or Bruce Power LP security clearance and Orange Badge training is a definite asset
- Competency in a Windows environment, including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel within Ontario as needed
- Must be available for all shifts which will include nights, weekends and holidays
- Schedules may vary from week to week
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule to meet client requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
- Must be fully vaccinated to enter client sites
A security clearance is a condition of ongoing employment for this position. Successful applicants will complete the requirements once hired.
What’s our company secret for success? Our incredible and talented team.
At ASI, we’ve been successful in cultivating excellent staff with incredible experience and expertise and, we are constantly looking for additional talent to join us. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages growth and development, inventive and creative thinking set in an “open-door” environment, contact us today.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Interviews will be scheduled in Winter 2023.
ASI Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities, recruitment and selection processes that are inclusive. We will strive to accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager at 905-643-3283 if you require accommodations to ensure your accessibility needs are addressed throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Starting wage: $24 per hour
Covid-19 Considerations: ASI Group LTD. has been diligent in keeping our people safe by developing detailed Covid-19 protocols including social distancing and personal protective equipment. Our people are our most important asset, and we do everything possible to protect them.