ASI Group Ltd. owns and operates a variety of dedicated manned and unmanned survey vessels configured to provide a wide range of survey services to various industries. Combined with the latest in MBES, GNSS, INS, side-scan, sub-bottom, and lidar, ASI’s Hydro Service has earned an international reputation for surveying in complex environments and providing the highest standards of quality. ASI is looking to hire a Hydrographer for the Port Coquitlam office.
ASI’s Survey Technicians (or Hydrographers) are highly collaborative, have a passion for solving technical problems, and figuring out how underwater data will meet a client’s needs. They often travel to interesting places where they work long days in the field and enjoy experiencing new places together. Technicians tell us that they enjoy the mix of shop prep, travelling, field work, and report generation. ASI specializes in performing underwater surveys of structures, such as dams, intakes, and pipelines.
A survey technician (or Hydrographer) can expect to prepare and maintain ASI’s fleet of vessels and survey equipment for mobilization and field operations. Survey Technicians will work alongside a team preparing and performing hydrographic surveys and other underwater inspections using ASI’s fleet of vessels and surveying technology. They also collaborate on data processing and the generation of client deliverables. ASI offers a comprehensive training program where technicians will learn in a variety of settings.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in a related program (i.e. Hydrography, Marine geomatics, Ocean Mapping, Bathymetry, or Surveying, Civil Engineering Technology) OR 2-5 years of direct experience in Hydrographic Surveying.
- Experience using MBES, side-scan, or sub-bottom sonars considered an asset (i.e. NORBIT, MarineSonic, Edgetech, etc.)
- Comfortable working on or around water; boating experience considered an asset
- Experience using hydrographic related or data acquisition software (i.e. HYPACK, Sonarwiz, Beamworx, EIVA)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write reports with accuracy.
- Hold a valid standard driver’s license; experience towing is considered an asset
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Canadian passport and TN Visa to be able to travel internationally
- Physical strength and stamina; ability to load and offload equipment from trucks, vessels, trailers, shipping totes, etc.
This position is available in Port Coquitlam, BC. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASI has a rich history of technological breakthroughs having invented, tested, and patented equipment by its team of in-house experts. We have been pioneering innovative solutions for over 35 years and our secret for success is our incredible and talented team.
At ASI, we’ve been successful in cultivating excellent staff with incredible experience and expertise, and we are always looking for additional talent to join us. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages growth, development, and inventive and creative thinking set in an “open-door” environment, contact us today.
ASI Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities, recruitment and selection processes that are inclusive. We will strive to accommodate the needs of applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager at 905-643-3243 if you require accommodations to ensure your accessibility needs are addressed throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.