ASI is currently searching for a Zebra Mussel Field Technician to support the Biofouling department from May to December 2023. This position has the potential to lead to a permanent seasonal position for the right candidate (May to December). This position would be ideal for a recent graduate.
The Field Technician will complete a combination of field sampling tasks and in lab sample analysis. Field sampling will occur primarily in industrial settings for the purpose of supporting client zebra/quagga mussel monitoring programs. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work well independently and produce accurate results.
The hours of work will primarily be during regular business hours, however some clients may require monitoring on weekends or stat holidays. There will be an overnight trip at least once a month to perform sampling activities for a client located in Eastern Ontario. There will be occasional work in Western New York (i.e. Lewiston) which will require a valid Canadian passport and the ability to secure a security clearance.
- Minimum of completion of an Environmental Technician Diploma or other environmental or biological diploma/degree
- Familiarity with laboratory settings and equipment including microscopes
- Ability to take accurate readings and report findings in a professional manner
- Familiarity with working in industrial settings would be an asset
- Capable of performing mathematical calculations and understanding data
- Demonstrated adaptability in work schedule to meet client requirements
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time both in the field and in the lab with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or weekends/stat holidays as required
- Competency in a Windows environment, including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Valid Driver’s license (G class preferred, will consider G2) to drive company vehicles
- Valid First Aid/CPR is an asset
- Must be fully vaccinated to enter client sites
This position will be based out of the corporate office at 566 Arvin Avenue in Stoney Creek (Fruitland Road exit).
ASI Group Ltd. is recognized as the industry leader in zebra mussel control research and design. We currently operate treatment systems utilizing chemical and non-chemical options for various industries and water treatment facilities throughout the great lakes area. ASI Group has the expertise to help clients resolve the most challenging problems with biological fouling of critical water flows. Our state-of-the-art biofouling control systems include monitoring, maintenance and prevention programs that minimize the risk and cost of unscheduled downtime.
ASI currently provides mussel monitoring and control programs for over forty industries and water treatment facilities throughout the Great Lakes watershed.
ASI Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities, recruitment and selection processes that are inclusive. We will strive to accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager at 905-643-7688 if you require accommodations to ensure your accessibility needs are addressed throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.