ASI Group Ltd. is currently searching for an experienced and skilled Business Development Manager** to generate business opportunities and support ASI’s Canadian offices. As a first point of contact for potential clients, the Business Development Manager is someone who excels at developing long-term relationships and can showcase how ASI can meet their complex needs. The successful candidate is someone who thrives on securing new business and provides exceptional client experiences.
If you enjoy surrounding yourself with great people who are driving innovation in their respective fields, this may be the place for you.
**Bilingual – must speak and write in both French and English.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager
- Researches clients’ needs to pair with ASI underwater solutions
- Promptly replies to client inquiries and communicates to relevant team members
- Works with Project Management team to meet and accurately relay client needs
- Forwards all Engineering requirements to the technical team for quoting purposes
- Follows up with clients and Project Managers as required to ensure project timelines are met
- Regularly communicates with business development team
- Works with marketing team to convey clients’ needs
- Ensures that CRM data is recorded accurately daily and maintained in an organized and efficient manner
- Attends relevant tradeshows and conferences for lead generation
- Provides VP, Business Development with required reports
Requirements of the Job
- Post-Secondary education relating to engineering, sales, marketing, or business administration is an asset.
- Knowledge of hydropower, dams, nuclear, government and industrial sectors are beneficial
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English and French, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of high-quality customer service principles
- Three or more years’ full-time experience in a role dedicated to the generation of new business
- Able to build effective working relationships, both internally and externally
- Thrives on winning and providing an exceptional client experience
- Must be organized, dedicated and detail oriented
- Technical aptitude with ability to read manufacturing drawings and use basic math
- Willingness to develop a good understanding of ASI’s equipment and service offerings within first 3 months
- Experience working with engineers and technical personnel
- Demonstrated experience with CRM software and diligence to keep records timely
- Handles confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to confidently communicate ideas to the leadership team
- Must have strong computer skills in a Windows environment, including Excel, Microsoft Word and Adobe Suites
- Familiarity with ISO Standards, 9001 Quality Management Systems and 45001 Occupational Health and Safety requirements and a commitment to participate in all related activities including training and audits
- Possesses and maintains a valid driver’s license and a valid passport
Hours of Work and Travel Expectations
- Full-time, primarily regular business hours with the option to work virtually up to 50% of time
- Approximately 25% time will be spent travelling including overnight stays for tradeshows and meetings
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASI Group Ltd. (ASI) has been an industry leader in underwater inspection, maintenance and repair, and biofouling (mussel) monitoring and control services since 1987. Our scope and depth of work has continually increased over the years, while our core business of marine inspections and mussel services remains consistent. Our strongest asset has been the ability to offer a full-service approach – from initial problem identification to the development and implementation of the appropriate solution. ASI is passionate about developing and delivering visionary turnkey solutions for our clients. Our purpose is to create peace-of-mind for our clients by managing all non-core business, innovatively and ASI’s success is a result of long-term and symbiotic relationships with valued clients.
ASI Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities, recruitment and selection processes that are inclusive. We will strive to accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager at 905-643-3283 if you require accommodations to ensure your accessibility needs are addressed throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.