ASI Group Ltd. is currently searching for an experienced and skilled Administrative Assistant to provide office support and help the company run in an efficient manner. The successful candidate will be personable, adaptable and motivated to deliver exceptional customer service at all times. As a first point of contact for clients, potential customers and guests, the Administrative Assistant is accountable for maintaining a professional and welcoming environment. If you enjoy surrounding yourself with great people who are driving innovation in their respective fields, this may be the place for you.
This position is located in Stoney Creek, Ontario.
- Provide administrative support to management and staff as required
- Process, format and proof documentation including, but not limited to, reports, proposals, correspondence, memos, and invoices
- Execute tasks with high attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Assist with determining Request for Proposal requirements and ensure requirements are met within specified deadlines
- Administer and manage office telephone and voicemail system and train staff on their use
- Maintaining database to record and track employee training records
- Maintain organized filing system including project files and electronic files
- Administration of WSIB Clearance Certificates and Certificates of Insurance
- Administration and maintenance of controlled documents, adhering to ISO guidelines
- Record and distribute meeting minutes as required
- Coordinate and modify travel arrangements including flights, accommodations and car rentals
- Maintain and monitor meeting room schedules; prepare rooms for meetings; coordinate refreshments for meetings held in the office
- Maintain inventory and prepare orders for kitchen, office and cleaning supplies
- Perform errands outside the office as necessary (access to a personal vehicle required)
- Assist with Internet research, data entry and records management
- Maintain tidy and organized kitchen, reception, meeting rooms and visitor areas
- Operate various types of office machines and arrange for service as required.
- Assist with accounting tasks if required (data entry, filing)
- Perform receptionist duties, including:
- Answer phones, transfer calls and relay messages
- Greet and direct visitors
- Prepare and track outgoing courier packages; resolve shipping issues
- Process outgoing mail on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Outstanding customer service skills and able to work in a team setting
- Capable of preparing high quality documents with accuracy
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and problem solve
- Organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Eager, dedicated, enthusiastic and flexible with respect to work responsibilities and hours
Educational Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum three years of experience in full-time clerical, office administration, or secretarial position
- Minimum two years of full-time reception experience
- High school diploma required with a preference for a diploma in Office Administration or a related field
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office software (Windows 365, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams); internet use; experience with SharePoint considered an asset
- Possess a valid Driver’s License (Class G minimum) and maintain a clean driving record
Hours of Work and Travel Expectations
The scheduled hours for an Administrative Assistant are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; you may be expected to arrive early or stay later as needed.
This position will occasionally run errands within the Stoney Creek area.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASI Group Ltd. (ASI) has been an industry leader in underwater inspection, maintenance and repair, and biofouling (mussel) monitoring and control services since 1987. Our scope and depth of work has continually increased over the years, while our core business of marine inspections and mussel services remains consistent. Our strongest asset has been the ability to offer a full-service approach – from initial problem identification to the development and implementation of the appropriate solution.
ASI is passionate about developing and delivering visionary turnkey solutions for our clients. Our purpose is to create peace-of-mind for our clients by managing all non-core business, innovatively. ASI’s success is a result of long-term and symbiotic relationships with valued clients.
ASI Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities, recruitment and selection processes that are inclusive. We will strive to accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager at 905-643-3283 if you require accommodations to ensure your accessibility needs are addressed throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.