ASI Group LTD., founded in 1987 as Aquatic Sciences Inc., is a full-service engineering and marine technology company comprised of two groups; ASI Marine which offers a full range of underwater inspection, mapping and light construction services and ASI Water which has extensive experience in design, build and operation of drinking water and wastewater systems.
ASI Group owns and operates a diverse fleet of advanced remotely operated vehicles (ROV’s) that services a wide range of industries. Combined with the latest in video capture and sonar imaging, specialized ROV tooling and inspection techniques, ASI’s ROV Service has earned international reputation for the highest standards of quality.
We pride ourselves on our ability to continually pioneer innovative solutions. We are looking for an experienced and inventive Mechatronics Technician who can envision equipment modifications and integrate them into existing equipment. The ideal candidate will enjoy a combination of shop and field work and is eager to travel domestically and internationally.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to safe work practices
- Operate interchangeably the fleet of ROV systems for client inspection and maintenance projects, initially under the direction of experienced personnel
- Undertake systems maintenance and repairs through the use of equipment manuals and/or direction from other team members
- Develop specifications and designs that can enhance and improve existing equipment
- Aid in the design and development of advanced systems with R&D components
- Maintain equipment and activity logs for all works assigned
- Participate in field operations including mobilization and demobilization
- Prepare and safeguard equipment for safe transport
- Represent ASI-Group professionally at all times (courteous to client representatives, proper work attire, efficient use of time on site to accomplish the task as planned)
- Complete all ASI-Group administrative requirements accurately and timely
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in a related program (i.e. Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or Robotics)
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with technical fault finding and troubleshooting
- Technical experience in system integration with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and software components
- Software proficiency in Office Suite, Adobe Suite, CAD/Microstation and Solidworks
- Programming experience with VB.NET, C , Python and assembly are assets
- Hold a valid driver’s license (Class G minimum)and maintain a clean driving record
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to produce accurate reports
- Ability to travel as needed for domestic and international projects which may require employees to obtain foreign work visas and be away for extended periods of time (in excess of one week)
- Adaptable to changing work schedules to meet client requirements
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
This position will be based out of the corporate office which will be relocating from St. Catharines to Stoney Creek in the fall of 2017.
ASI has a rich history of technological breakthroughs, having invented, tested, and patented equipment by its team of in-house experts and we have been pioneering innovative solutions for 30 years.
What’s our company secret for success? Our incredible and talented team.
At ASI, we’ve been successful in cultivating excellent staff with incredible experience and expertise and, we are constantly looking for additional talent to join us.
If you are looking for a work environment that encourages growth and development, inventive and creative thinking set in an “open-door” environment, contact us today.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASI Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities, recruitment and selection processes that are inclusive. We will strive to accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager at 905-641-0941 if you require accommodations to ensure your accessibility needs are addressed throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.