MARINE PROJECT MANAGER
ASI Marine is a global leader in solving underwater problems. The company specializes in underwater inspection and repair of tunnels, pipelines, and major infrastructure and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually pioneer innovative solutions. We are looking for an experienced Marine Project Manager who will support these endeavours.
The Marine PM will be responsible for preparing proposals and costs estimates, and managing all aspects of projects including client relations, budgets, schedules, resources, and quality, health, safety and environmental requirements. Candidates given preferred consideration will have a blend of project management experience and technical field experience.
- Serve as Project Manager for marine projects (ROV, Geophysical Surveys)
- Manage all aspects of the project’s lifecycle from beginning to end (including, but not limited to proposals, estimating, cost budgets, reports and closeout)
- Plan and organize staff and equipment resource requirements and allocation
- Supervise and/or participate in field operations
- Monitor project information and project performance on per project basis with Senior Management
- Participate in weekly resource meetings and activities related to quality, health and safety, and business development as needed
- Oversee and participate in data editing and processing as it relates to marine projects
- Investigate and analyze new business opportunities. Meet and liaise with existing and new potential clients as required
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in an engineering discipline, preferably civil engineering
- Project Management Professional certificate or equivalent considered an asset
- Minimum of five years’ full-time project management experience in construction, tunneling, or marine related industries
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications, with a priority on understanding structural drawings
- Knowledge of remote operated vehicles, sonar equipment including data acquisition and post-processing, underwater video systems and commercial diving considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience preparing detailed proposals and technical reports, estimating costs and managing project budgets
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to produce accurate reports
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project
- Outstanding customer service skills and able to work in a team setting
- Hold a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
- Hold a valid passport for international travel
- Flexibility to travel as required and able to obtain foreign work permits
This position will be based out of the Orchard Park, NY office and domestic and international travel will be required. The successful candidate must be able to participate in international projects and be willing to travel for up to 2-3 weeks at a time.
ASI has a rich history of technological breakthroughs, having invented, tested, and patented equipment by its team of in-house experts. We have been pioneering innovative solutions for over 30 years.
What’s our company secret for success? Our exceptional and talented team.
ASI has been successful in cultivating excellent staff with vast experience and expertise and we are constantly looking for additional talent to join us.
If you are looking for a work environment that encourages growth and development, inventive and creative thinking set in an “open-door” environment, contact us today.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28, 2019.
ASI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunities, recruitment and selection processes that are inclusive. ASI Group values diversity and employs professionals who work in a range of disciplines. ASI Group recognizes that however good our technology and processes are, it is our employees who make us successful. We recruit highly talented people who work as part of multi-discipline teams responsible for meeting and overcoming technical challenges presented to us.
ASI Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizenship status or veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.