MARINE PROJECT MANAGER, ROV
ASI Group LTD., founded in 1987 as Aquatic Sciences Inc., is a full-service engineering and marine technology company comprised of two groups; ASI Marine which offers a full range of underwater inspection, mapping and light construction services and ASI Water which has extensive experience in design, build and operation of drinking water and wastewater systems.
ASI Group owns and operates a diverse fleet of advanced remotely operated vehicles (ROV’s) that services a wide range of industries. Combined with the latest in video capture and sonar imaging, specialized ROV tooling and inspection techniques, ASI’s ROV Service has earned international reputation for the highest standards of quality.
We pride ourselves on our ability to continually pioneer innovative solutions. We are looking for an experienced and Marine Project Manager, ROV who will support these endeavours. Candidates given the strongest consideration will have a blend of project management experience and technical field experience.
- Serves as Project Manager and/or Project Sponsor for ROV projects
- Manages all aspects of the project’s lifecycle from beginning to end (including, but not limited to proposals, estimating, cost budgets, reports and closeout)
- Plans and organizes staff and equipment resource requirements and allocation
- Supervise, undertake and/or participate in field operations as determined by the Marine Manager. These field operations could be related to ROV work, engineering or dive work.
- Monitors project information and project performance on per project basis with Group Manager
- Attend resource, teamwork, health and safety, and marketing/sales meetings as requested
- Oversees and participates in data editing and processing as it relates to ROV and marine projects
- Investigates and analyzes new business opportunities. Meets and liaises with existing and new potential clients as required
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in an engineering discipline, preferably civil engineering
- Project Management Professional certificate or equivalent considered an asset
- Minimum of five years’ full-time project management experience in construction, tunneling, or marine related industries
- Knowledge of ROV’s, sonar equipment including data acquisition and post-processing, underwater video systems and commercial diving considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience preparing detailed proposals and technical reports, estimating costs and managing project budgets
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to produce accurate reports
- Outstanding customer service skills and able to work in a team setting
- Hold a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
- Holds a valid passport for international travel
- Flexibility to travel as required and able to obtain foreign work permits
- Fluency in Spanish considered an asset
This position will be based out of the Orchard Park, NY office.
ASI has a rich history of technological breakthroughs, having invented, tested, and patented equipment by its team of in-house experts and we have been pioneering innovative solutions for 30 years.
What’s our company secret for success? Our incredible and talented team.
At ASI, we’ve been successful in cultivating excellent staff with incredible experience and expertise and, we are constantly looking for additional talent to join us.
If you are looking for a work environment that encourages growth and development, inventive and creative thinking set in an “open-door” environment, contact us today.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASI Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities, recruitment and selection processes that are inclusive. We will strive to accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager at 905-643-3283 if you require accommodations to ensure your accessibility needs are addressed throughout the process. Information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.